In Jane Austen today we watched clips of the '95 version of Pride and Prejudice. Thankfully Dr. Camilleri shares my opinions toward that version and the horribleness of the '05 one. She knows a lot about the production of the film, so it was interesting to hear about how and why some of the camera angles were chosen as well as some of the stage directions given to the actors for certain scenes.
Molly, Gabby, and I went out today during our lunch break to pick up a bigger bag for Gabby. She's worried that the bag she currently has won't be big enough for the trip to London this weekend. While we were there at the shop, I splurged and bought myself one of the crossbody satchels that I had noticed last week during one of our walking tours of the city.
After class today, Bess, Emily, and I decided to go to Bath Abbey because we all hadn't explored there yet.
![]() |
| Main doors to the Abbey - all my better pictures are stuck on my camera |
![]() |
| the inside |
Being in the Abbey is incredibly humbling. To be in a place where people have been worshipping God for centuries!
I always feel peaceful in Church, but here I could almost feel all around me the millions of prayers that have been said there through the years and the millions of times God had reached down and comforted those seeking His face.
There is nothing like this at home. MCC has only been around for a few decades. All I could do was stand there in the presence of God and feel amazed. I felt small and inconsequential amongst all the beauty, but it was a smallness that calmed me, filled me with hop, and renewed my strength at the same time.





No comments:
Post a Comment