Classes started today. Woohoo....
I was actually excited for classes... until the alarm went off this morning that is.
But truly, the classes I'm taking are going to be very interesting ones. My first class of the day is a Jane Austen course at 9:30. We will be discussing Northanger Abbey, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Persuasion. It's going to be interesting to see the works from a scholarly point of view. So far it's only been me analyzing the works on my own as I've read and reread the books since High School. In AP Lit we did discuss Pride and Prejudice for a bit, but I'm sure there's more to the story.
Oh and did I mention the Professor for the class is from Oxford?! She did her dissertation on Byron but has a love for Austen.
My other class is on Travel Literature and the Grand Tour in the 18th and 19th centuries. Interesting - for a History major - but not as exciting to me as the other class. We do get a study trip to London however!
Unfortunately for my poor professor, jet lag seemed to hit me the second I walked into the room for her class. I did my best to pay attention, but it was the last class of the day and my brain had left for a holiday.
After classes, we went to a little reception at the Victoria Art Gallery. The program hosted it for the students so we would have the chance to chat with our professors outside of the classroom for a bit. The Art Gallery is a beautiful old building located near the Bath Abbey. We only got to see one long gallery, but I am definitely coming back sometime. They had a bunch of artists I had never heard of before, but also some Gainsborough.

No comments:
Post a Comment