Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Little Bit of Sunshine

School is still being schoolish. But England is being uncharacteristically not England, so I can only complain but so much. It was 70 and sunny today!

Presentation went well in Jane Austen today. The paper for the class is due tomorrow - something that I still need to work on a bit more. There is also an in-class essay tomorrow for Grand Tour.

After class, I ran into Annabelle and Catherine who were headed out for an afternoon tea. We went to a little tea shop called "the Bath Bun." It's a tiny, adorable place with delicious food. I tried a Bath Bun along with a pot of the House Tea. The bun is a big bun with granulated sugar and raisins on top and with a sugarwafer-like thing baked into the center.

After our tea, we walked around Bath for a bit, just enjoying the sunshine.

the Bath Abbey

square beside the Abbey
We stopped in a few shops and then eventually found ourselves in Henrietta Park. It was so nice to sit out in the sun on the green grass. We even made friends with a little dog who was there!


No comments:

Post a Comment