Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bright Star

The other day my roomate was watching Bright Star. Bright Star is such a good movie! It's about the romance between the poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne. As I was watching parts of it with roomie, I realized that I had forgotten how nice the costumes in the film are.

Fanny is always dressed amazingly. I don't know if it's historically accurate or not, but in the film, Fanny Brawne is basically a fashion designer.

this may not appeal to some people, but just knowing all the work those smocked-ish panels would take make me go WOW! (and..I love the colour!)

Ruffs (especially big, crazy ones like this) do not seem nice to the modern eye, but it really goes with the pretty, bright red of her sperncer. And it's a slightly vandyked one, adding a touch of modernity (Regency modernity ?) to the ensemble.

Once again, lovely colours. I love seeing more than just the typical white Regency gowns

There were also many, pretty jumpers.

2 comments:

  1. I think Janet Patterson, the costume designer for the film would be suprised to hear that Abbie Cornish designed & made her own costumes. According to a WMagazine interview with her, Abbie learned to sew for her part in the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for telling me that. It was just something I had heard before the film even came out and people were just starting to talk about it

    ReplyDelete