Friday, January 28, 2011

Oooh....

Just found out about this from Two Nerdy History Girls:

If I was any good at quilting, then I would SO be making this quilt.


What's so great about a boring quilt made up of a bunch of diamonds?

Well you see, when Jane Austen was alive, she made this quilt out of a bunch of diamonds (and as anyone who's ever tried piecing a quilt before could tell you, diamonds are ridiculously hard) . This said quilt can be seen at the Austen's house, Chawton.


And now with the directions here, you can make your very own "Jane Austen Quilt." :D

Definitely on my list of "I wish" projects. Maybe having a quilt like that would give me the inspiration to become a great writer... or at least give me the ability to sew Regency garments that look half-way decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment