Thursday, January 27, 2011

DIY Love

I adore DIY stuff and recreating expensive fashions cheaply. Which works out really well since one of my favorite clothing companies/websites, Modcloth, is a little too expensive for me.

One of my goals is to try to recreate all of my favorited (as in the URL is put in my favorites) garments from Modcloth, along with a few from Anthropologie, Charlotte Russe, Poetrie, and a few other sites.

Yesterday morning, I spent almost all my free time matching up the garments I like with the free patterns from BurdaStyle, so that with a little tweaking (along with fabric, sewing machine, etc that are all at home) I'll be able to make my own versions of afore mentioned garments.

An example of one of my slides, with the Burda pattern on the upperleft:


and another:


these would be quite simple, taking tees that you already had:

No comments:

Post a Comment