
In a land far away
Time stood still long ago.
Time stood still long ago.
There were shepherds in fields
Or at least this is how the story goes.
Woman with child
And an inn with no room.
Born in a manger
Fortelling a tomb.
This is how the story goes.
But it is more than a fable
And it’s more than a fairytale
And more than my mind can conceive.
I believe the Wiseman saw
The baby boy the angels called
The son of God.
Heaven’s child, the great I Am
Born to take away my sins
Through nailed pierced hands
Emmanuel has come
I believe
Two thousand years
Still the story lives on.
God’s gift to us, sent to earth
Wrapped in flesh His only son.
His only son.
And the heartbeat of heaven
Confounded our wisdom
But it’s still the simple truth
That set me free.
I believe the Wiseman saw
The baby boy the angels called
The son of God
Heaven’s child, the great I Am
Born to take away my sin
Through nailed pierced hands
Emmanuel has come
And I believe
Precious child how can it be
That God’s great plan for history
Would send you to a lonely tree
That you would come
For one like me?
I believe in a cross
I believe he came for one
He came for all
Heaven's child became a man
Gave his life for me in spite of all I am
I believe, I believe
Christmas lives in me
I believe

No comments:
Post a Comment