Monday, September 27, 2010

Thrift Store Treasures


This past weekend was my first weekend home since school started. It felt so weird to be home, but to know that I must go back. It was my sister's birthday, so not only did we had a party for her, I also spent tons of time with her doing her favorite things.

One of her favorite pastimes ever is of course to go shopping. But instead of going to the mall and wasting all our money on one or two pieces of clothing, we decided to go the Salvation Army.

I got three cardigans and two shirts, all for $16!














I think the cardigans kinda look like 3 oddly colored cats here :)



With the tube top, i'm thinking of a brown cami or tank under it and then a brown cardigan on top. Cute, no?

On the neck ties, there were these peacock feathers tackily glued on to them. I cute them off and I'm thinking they'd be cute on a headband or glued onto a clip.

Now, when I came into Salvation Army, towards all the clothes I had the mindset of "how can I change this to make it more modern and in style." Being a sewer-person, I off course want to change everything and make it better. But, more on that later :)

1 comment:

  1. omg don't you love that?? my mom and i go to all the thrift stores all the time :)

    ReplyDelete