Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Had an amazing small group last night. Little Cutiebug, you really should have been there. you would have loved it and I think it would have helped your boy problems a little. It helped mine, and YES I do have boy problems, I'm just not as vocal as you :)

We talked about relationships and the type we would want to have someday. What are we looking for in a man? What are the "deal breakers"? These are the qualities that are boy must have before we would even consider making him a permanent part of our lives.

There were many things that we talked about and discussed, but there were three
main things that really stuck out to me and spoke to me.

It is sooooo easy to imagine what the future might hold. Who will you future husband be? What will life be like? What will he be like? It is easy to make yourself believe things along these lines with the crushes you have. But really, we should not awaken love until the time is right. There is a time and a place for everything. Love may not be a part of our life right now, and we should not try to make it part. There is a time for love, don't rush it. If you do try to rush it, when the real thing comes, it will not seem as special. Wait upon the Lord and His timing.

"For He knows the plans he has for you. Plans to prosper and not harm you. Plans to give you a future, and a hope"

Don't focus on finding him. I think instead we should focus on getting ourselves right. Try to become the person he will need us to be for him. We should make our heart, mind, soul, and life something that will attract him and be all he needs in a woman.


I think the hardest thing that I realized is that the guy is supposed to do the finding. Our society today definitely goes against this. We are told that women should take the initiative and that it is alright for a woman to ask the guy out or to marry h
er. It definitely is hard to sit and watch cute guys walk by, but that is what we are supposed to do nonetheless.

Yes, we can have guy friends, and even crushes. But we need to make sure that we don't get the poor guy confused by "harmless flirting" or other actions. We need to remember to think "What decision will give God the most glory?" Is what I'm doing going to be something that I regret, even the slightest? Is it going to make the guy have a huge crush on me even the slightest when I don't like him at all? How are my actions going to affect his walk with Christ, my own?

The good thing though about the waiting game, is that we aren't just waiting for our guy to come along. The whole time, we are being worked on and refined. We are becoming better and stronger. Because we are waiting for God's timing and not our own, we are focusing on what we should be focusing on. We will become stronger and better. God does have a plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment