Life seems to like to keep me away from my sewing. And then there's my attention span which seems to never want to stick to one project...
Let's see, what did I do this Summer?
- not finish binding my stays
- not finish a dress I started because I got annoyed with the fit
- worked a little bit on my quilt
However, I did get my round gown finished!

it isn't perfect, but it is my first 18th century gown, so I can't be too hard on myself.

The back of the bodice could be a little shorter I think and I'm not thrilled about the sleeves, but they were evil, so...

Please excuse the cap (it's one the cheapy ones that you can get from Williamsburg or any other historical place gift shop), the wrinkles on the front of the bodice (don't be lazy and not put on your stays when working on a dress!), and the dog. I'm one of the few costumers who don't have a cat :)
No comments:
Post a Comment